There’s more to Social Media than just having an outpost to interact with your current and potential customers. If you aren’t driving your customers back to your web-site where they can get on the conversion road to a paying customer, what’s the point?
The most recent data suggests that 70% of the people who follow a brand page on Facebook do so because they wish be notified of special offers. So why not give your fans what they want in the form of Service or Social Coupons?
I’ve found that simply by promoting your Service Coupons on a regular basis on Facebook, Twitter or Google+, you can get your followers to click through to your web-site to claim your latest money saving coupons.
Here’s how you can use your Social Media to drive traffic back to your website and through the doors of your service department using Service Coupons.
- Use an eye catching graphic to get the attention of your followers in a crowded stream (click here to download this 6-Pack of FREE images).
- In the body of your post, have fun with it and use a clear call to action.
- Use the Google URL Builder to utm-code your link for tracking purposes.
- Use a link shortening service like bit.ly to shorten the link you generated above.
- On Facebook, pin your post to the top of your timeline so visitors to your page will be presented with your message.
- Create multiple variations of your post so you can share your Service Coupons throughout the month in a non repetitive way.
You can use these same principles as outlined in this Facebook example when sharing your Service Coupons on Twitter and Google+ as well.
Most importantly, don’t forget to track your success. Log in to the dashboards of your Google Analytics and link shortening service to see how much traffic has been generated to your web-site via your Social Media efforts.
Also, be sure to talk to your Service Advisors and Managers to see how many of the coupons have come through the door.
Pro Tip: If you are familiar with Google Analytics, set up a Goal to track traffic generated from various Social Media channels and/or to track online service appointments that were set by visitors who landed on your web-site via your Service Coupon post.
I’d encourage you to takes these steps in an effort to drive more traffic to your web-site via social media.
If you are willing to try this out, do me a favor and post the link to your Facebook, Twitter and/or Google Plus page where you’ll be running your Social Service Coupon campaign so we can follow along. I’d love to watch your progress and see what kind of success you achieve. If you have any questions or need a hand, my digital door is always open. Feel free to contact me via email or twitter.
Thanks for reading, and I look forward to your comments.